Blockchain gaming, especially the play-to-earn (P2E) concept, gained a lot of popularity in 2021. Although blockchain gaming is still a long way from the popularity of traditional gaming, there is a steady rise. Axie Infinity, in particular, went big in 2021 and has paved the way for many other games. One of these new games that is already making a lot of noise is FaraLand. A multiplayer, role-playing game linked to a strategic war game that runs on the Binance Smart Chain.
We’re going to take you on a deep dive into the FaraLand game, what exactly this game is and how it works. I am also going to discuss the FARA token and let you know where to buy it.
Please note: please note that the text below about ‘FaraLand (FARA)’, as well as the explanation, should in no way be construed as advice. The choice for whether and in what way you want to trade (crypto) and which choices you make in terms of investment is up to you and you alone. We are not financial advisors.
Here you can first watch a video showing how FaraLand works.
- 1 What is FaraLand?
- 2 How does FaraLand work?
- 3 Who is behind the idea of FaraLand?
- 4 What is the FARA token?
- 5 What is the price of the FARA token?
- 6 Where can you buy the FARA token?
- 7 What is the best way to store the FARA token?
- 8 What is FaraLand’s roadmap?
- 9 Conclusion
What is FaraLand?
FaraLand is a blockchain technology-based P2E game. It is a role-playing game combined with a strategic war game. It runs on the Binance Smart Chain and is currently the biggest war game ever launched there. This launch took place on April 14, 2021, when the first players were welcomed for a test phase. By the end of 2021 and 2022, the rest of this game will be released so it can go live. The game was designed by MoonKnight Labs. This game is available for your PC or for your phone, as well as an Android or iOS version. This is already a step further than most blockchain-based games.
With your NFT, also called ‘hero’ in this game, you can take turns, aiming to beat your opponent. According to Son Ho, the project manager, in addition to a P2E game, you can also expect L2E (Learn to Earn) elements. However, it is not yet entirely clear what this L2E will look like. What you can expect are game characters in the form of elves, demons or humans, among others, who are all fighting for survival.
You can play player against player matches, as well as participate in quests or fight bosses. You can acquire game items such as skill books and enchantments. Other topics are body parts or complete equipment or pieces of equipment. This also breathes life into the existing marketplace, with a hopefully flourishing trade in all these attributes.
What’s important in this game is that the team has placed an emphasis on the design and visual aspects of the game. The importance of this is that avid gamers, who are unfamiliar with blockchain gaming, can be attracted to it.
How does FaraLand work?
In order to play FaraLand, you will have to go through a few fairly simple steps. First, you will need to connect a crypto wallet to the game, such as MetaMask. The following video explains how to do this.
Remember to store the private keys of your MetaMask wallet well, and especially not to lose them! If you lose these private keys, you will no longer have access to your wallet.
After installing your MetaMask, you will need to connect the wallet to the game. On the FaraLand website, you will see a logo of the MetaMask wallet, click on it and follow the instructions.
What are Heroes?
Heroes are NFTs in this game, and there are currently a limited number of 20,000 unique heroes. You need at least one of these heroes to participate in the game. The heroes are profitable and you cannot clone them. Because there is a limited number of heroes/NFTs, the value of the NFTs is guaranteed and NFT inflation is avoided.
The heroes come in seven different types, Humans, Orcs (Orcs), Elves (Elves), Fairies (Fairies), Dragonborns (Dragonborns), Angels (Angels) and Demons (Demons). These seven breeds each have a different and their own unique identity with a different strength. These are based on the following factors.
- Race – The seven different races discussed above have an increasing rarity which you can see in the following image.
- Stats — Each hero has four main stats. Strength (STR) strength, Agility (AGI) agility, Intelligence (INT) intelligence, and Luck (LUK) luck. The higher the stat, the stronger the hero is.
- Attributes — A hero has a minimum of four and a maximum of 6 attributes. These properties increase in the following order. Common -> Uncommon -> Rare -> Epic -> Legendary -> Mythical.
You can buy heroes on the FaraLand marketplace. Here you can buy heroes from other players. Choose the hero that you think suits you best and click on the ‘Buy now’ button. With the right offer you can buy it right away, or you make an offer and start negotiating.
If you do this with your MetaMask, you do need BNB in your wallet to be able to buy the hero.
How can you prepare the team?
In FaraLand you can play with one to three heroes. With the PVE mode (fighting with monsters) you can fight with one or three heroes. In the PvP Arena mode (fighting with other players) you need three heroes. So, the more heroes you own, the more chance you have of playing the game well and you increase the possibility of winning more rewards.
The heroes all have different character traits, so it’s important to put together the right team. Here are some of those features.
- Humans — The most common race, but with weaker stats than other races. However, they are the most flexible of all breeds.
- Orcs – A strong, muscular and ruthless race. They have superior Health, Physical Defense, and Physical Damage they can deal with. This makes them a perfect vanguard and can protect other, less strong breeds.
- Elfs — These can move quickly, thanks to their high movement stats. This makes them popular. They are also good at shooting with a bow.
- Fairy — Despite being small, they are very strong and have the highest intelligence of all races.
- Dragonborn – Of these, only 1% are of all heroes. They have the highest strength and intelligence stats in the game, of all races. This makes him an all-rounder, for both defensive and offensive tasks.
- Angel and Demon – The two most powerful forces in this game. Even if you only have one of these, you can take on the toughest challenges with confidence.
How can you prepare parts?
You can prepare the various parts of this game by adding the right part to your NFT. This can change the strength and appearance of your hero.
I showed you before that there are six levels of rarity, in the following order.
Common -> Uncommon -> Rare -> Epic -> Legendary -> Mythical
The rarer the gear is, the more powerful it is. These gear pieces are also NFTs, just like the heroes. The pieces of equipment can be bought or sold, traded or upgraded. At the moment you can do that in two ways. Buy directly from another player’s marketplace or with the Gacha feature, and buy a piece of equipment randomly.
These items can be purchased from other players on the Equipment Marketplace, as shown in the image below. You can then use various filters to find the right objects you are looking for.
If you want to use the Gacha function, click on the Gacha button on the website, and you will arrive at the correct page. Now you can trade 5 FARA for any piece of equipment.
Gear Buying Tips
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when buying work tools.
- Gear Sets —A gear is usually available in a full set. If your hero is equipped with a full set, you will get extra stats again.
- Short Range and Long Range Weapons — Weapons are deployed in a variety of ways. Some are suitable for close-range combat, such as a sword, spear or an axe. These are important for your heroes on the front line. Bows are good for long-range again and are better suited to fighters or heroes loitering in the rear.
- Physical and Magical Power — A set’s weapon determines its objective. Some weapons are capable of inflicting “Physical Damage”, such as archers or gladiators. Other weapons are better suited to a mage.
- Gear Requirements — Some gear is only available for a certain race. It is of course important to pay attention to this when purchasing this equipment.
Who is behind the idea of FaraLand?
FaraLand’s base team is located in Vietnam and has 6 co-founders and 14 team members. Let’s take a look at the co-founders.
- Nguyen Tuan Hung — CEO and lead engineer with 10 years of experience in software development and 5 years in dApps and blockchain. Also in Kyber Network.
- Phan Thanh Tung — CMO and multimedia artist with 10 years of experience.
- Ngo Xuan Trung — CTO and smart contract engineer and frontend UI/UX expert with 10 years of experience. Is alumni at Kyber Network.
- Luu Thanh Tu — COO and has been in security and blockchain for 10 years. Is also an alumni of Kyber Network.
- Nguyen Ha Viet Anh — Art director.
- Nguyen Manh Tuan — Lead engineer.
There is also a creative team with 4 members and a game developer team with 3 members. All in all a diverse team with a lot of experience.
What is the FARA token?
The FARA token is a BEP20 token as it resides on the Binance Smart Chain. It is a utility and management token with various uses. For example, you can change the name of your hero with FARA. It is also possible to upgrade equipment with FARA. You can use it in the marketplace to buy heroes or gear in FARA or try your luck with gear with Gacha. You can also stake the FARA token, which allows you to level up a hero. And of course, the FARA token is needed for management functions, such as voting.
100 million FARA tokens have been minted, but only 99,957,499 are left, the rest have already been burned. At the time of writing, at the end of October 2021, there are 14,246,443.68 FARA or 14% in circulation. The market cap is $56,012.003.
There have been five different sales rounds, one of which is still active.
It is also always important to look at the token’s distribution key. This seems to be fine with FARTA. The team will get 15% locked in for 6 months first, then 25% will be unlocked per quarter.
What is the price of the FARA token?
If you want to invest in the FARA token, a good start is to know its price. If you are already going to trade, you also want to make a profit. You can make a technical analysis to see what the best buy or sell moment is.
The FARA token listed on June 13, 2021, continued to float for a month at the same rate around $0.50 Then it rose very quickly and on July 27, 2017, it reached the preliminary ATH, trading at $5.6431. That also collapsed within a week and between August 2021 and the end of October 2021 the price fell, with a brief rebound at the end of August. At the time of writing, at the end of October 2021, the price is $3.93.
At CoinMarketCap it is just between 500 and 600 at position 560. This coin has a good prospect in my opinion, it is still early days for this game. I think he could have a good price development. Especially when the rest of the roadmap is delivered and the game goes live. If you want to invest in this coin, it is important to do your own research.
Where can you buy the FARA token?
The FARA token is unfortunately not for sale on Bitvavo or Binance. Most CEXs don’t offer this coin yet, but I think that will change when the game goes live. There are a few liquidity pools on DEXs like PancakeSwap where you can find a FARA pair.
What is the best way to store the FARA token?
You have several options to save this token. The safest way is to store them on a hard wallet, also known as a cold wallet. With a hard wallet, such as the Ledger X or S and the Trezor, you are protected against internet hacks.
You can of course leave your FARA token on the exchange where you bought the token. This has advantages in the form of not having to send the token back and forth with the associated gas costs. The disadvantage is that you are not in possession of your private keys. The private keys of an exchange remain in the hands of the exchange itself. The danger of a hacked exchange is always there and then you have a chance that you will lose your coins. These wallets on an exchange are also called hot wallets.
As a third option, you can also use an online wallet such as MetaMask or Trust wallet. Here is also another chance of an internet hack, but it is theoretically smaller than a hack on a stock exchange.
What is FaraLand’s roadmap?
FaraLand’s roadmap is well on track. 8 phases have been planned and phase 4 is being rolled out at the time of writing. Phase 8 is not on the roadmap shown below, but consists of this:
Q3 2022 – PHASE 8
FaraLand seems to be heading for an interesting and strong game that has a few unique features. It is a real game, unlike many blockchain games, where you can only collect something. You can earn crypto with it that you can cash out, or put back into the game, and for example, give your heroes an upgrade with it. The mobile versions are also coming. Everything should be on the rials by 2022.
I look positively at the future for FaraLand at the moment. Good developments can be expected in the relatively short term, such as the full release of the game by the end of 2022. You never know, of course, but it could suddenly go fast with this game. Especially when you consider how popular other blockchain games are, and when you think about what makes them different and unique. The way they set up the game, with a real game for example. If this all turns out to be the case, it will also have an impact on the FARA token. If you want to invest in this token, do your own research, and never invest more than you can afford to lose.
A project to keep an eye on and keep following!
If you have any questions about FaraLand, let us know on our Cryptokopen Facebook group. See you there!
Thanh Lanh Tran(1989) is Chief Editor from BitcoinUSD.com